Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Saturday 27 March 2010

Up and down more than the Assyrian Empire...

A good day, (Up) was ruined (down) by the Oxfordshire Classic bumf dropping on my mat. This was my chance to pedal with Rafe who I've pedalled with before off road and is a top bloke. But also my chance to pedal with Matt which I was really looking forward to as I see a lot of myself and the weight issues I have in him. I suppose you could say that via the interweb thingy there's a bit of a kindred spirit thing going on.

Anyway, the reason this isn't happening is that for some obscure reason that when Rafe and Matt suggested I do it with them I got it into my head it was the 2nd of May, but when the bumf landed on my mat I discovered it's actually the 9th of May which is the Gala Day at Bees my Rugby Club which I cannot miss. I've actually got the 2nd of May down on my year planner in my office at work and booked the Monday off too. What the hell made me think it was the 2nd? What a Muppet. Ah well, as John Lennon once said before a Chapman slotted him "Life is what happens to you while you're making plans."

Today will be spent planning some important coaching sessions, a scrum training session tomorrow and there's an Advanced Player Development Group session to tweak for Thursday. This is important because it'll be used as a curtain raiser at the Bees home game v Rotherham on the 11th of April. Got to get that right. We're in the spotlight and it's an opportunity for some of our player's to get themselves noticed.

4 comments:

  1. It is a shame mate, was looking forward to riding with you too, still these things are sent to try us!
    Fear not though, I'm sure we can plan a ride together at some point in the summer, which would be excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nil desperandum Old Bean, I'm sure you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer Clive am sure it will happen mate

    ReplyDelete