Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Sunday 14 March 2010

Happy Mother's Day.

The kids are doing various stuff for wifey today, Fay is cooking Sunday Dinner, Dan has made some stuff at Nursery to present later and there is a big box of chocolates from me. So she should be pretty happy with that!

My mates house move went fine. Two trips to Barton Under Needwood and back in time to see both 6 Nation's games. I watched the Ireland game at home while the girls went out, then I went to the Dodford to see the Scotland v England game.

2 very poor games, Wales were pretty easily brushed aside by Ireland. I don't think the Irish broke sweat at all.

As for the Murrayfield encounter, oh dear. Two very mediocre teams with organised defences trying in vain to magic a try. As Brian Moore said in commentary if they had played another 80 minutes neither team would have scored a try. As a rugby coach myself I find it very frustrating trying to work out what England are trying to do. Mostly they kick (poorly) with no discernable chase. And as we all know, a kick is only as good as its chase. Then when they do try to keep the ball in hand they generally do it from the wrong parts of the pitch. I spent a good deal of yesterday's game with my head in my hands and yelling "Muppets!" at the screen.

All coaches are trained to take the positives from every situation. So I am now going to try to do that. Toby Flood, England's attack looked marginally less sterile when he came on. He stands flatter and gives his centres a target and keeps the opposition back row interested. I know I am now commiting Rugby herecy and being negative about a national treasure, but Jonny Wilkinson needs to be benched, or even dropped altogether. Toby Flood to start against France with Shane Geraghty on the bench.

The other good things - Courtney Lawes got his first cap. The lad will be a superstar eventually. Ben Foden got another run, 2 young exciting Englishmen who have yet to be tainted by whatever is wrong with the main English coaching team. If you look at the English age group sides you'll see good skills and pacey attacking play. Why does it all go pear shaped when they get to the supposedly highest level?

I'm off to Bees today coaching. Hopefully I'm not turning out clueless unskilled Robots like Martin Johnson's coaching team is doing.

2 comments:

  1. Morning Clive bit fed up this week put weight on man that sucks. http://ow.ly/1jTLK cheese is evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must admit England Scotland was a bit dire, I found it interesting that they had a camera in the Scotland booth to watch the scotland manager but I think we only saw the England manager once...........

    ReplyDelete