Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 9 March 2010

Car today.

Bit of a downer, in the car today as I have stuff to do today that needs a motor. But hey ho, crack on!

The pedal home was great last night, over the Beeches, footage below. I've experimented with adding audio to the clip as my panting is totally out of control, well it is a beast of a climb! I found it pretty difficult to choose background music, so I picked The Long Run, by the Eagles as I thought the title pretty apt and Set the record straight, by Reef, just 'cos I like it!

My mindset about hills is changing too I've noticed, I don't dread them anymore, I still find them painful, but the fear has gone. I'm wondering when that happened?

Today is the last day here at Smethwick this week so it'll MTBing tomorrow and Thursday. But Friday is a cracker, wifey said she wants to pedal with me, so I've chosen a towpath pootle around Alvechurch with a suitable pub stop at lunchtime. Can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. Nice one Clive if I said to my missus come out for a cycle wiv me she wud say pardon the pun
    " On yer Bike " or something like that.

    I noticed on the video u was looking down wen u was changing gear is that coz its ure new bike and ure not totaly sure, I notice I do that a lot meself

    Its good that u take the hills in ure stride m8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not concious of looking down alot Les, obviously the video says I do, I certainly don't think I look when I'm changing gear, it's probably me trying to relieve my neck ache. I never said I took hills in my stride, just I don't dread them. I'm sure I could walk up them quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After 5 years of commuting over my nemesis of a hill, sadly there is no alternative route, I'm the same as you, I still find them painful, but I can just keep going. It takes courage though, on those beautiful days when the walkers are out, and overtaking you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welshie, character building mate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to go through stages where I actually went looking for hills to ride up because I got some sort of perverse satisfaction from them.

    Thankfully i'm back to normal now and hating the things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the search for a car (again).

    I clocked up just under 350miles last week. I'm just not fit enough to do that sort of mileage and not feel 'the effects'.

    Although I still think a car is a hideous waste of money 'the effects' are making a car seem more appealing by the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hate using a car for short journeys but happy to if getting free firewood on route etc...
    i try avoid hills on the pugsley but otherwise on other bikes im only happy going up a big hill for a killer descent after!

    ReplyDelete