Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Wednesday 24 March 2010

Honesty is the best policy.

I thought about not telling you all this but...

I'll put my hands up and apologise, I regret it. Last night wifey wanted me to go to the shop to get some bits'n'pieces and she said "Get some nibblies while you're there" Nibblies by the way are a ruck of chocolate, crisps and jelly sweets that she shares with Fay and Dan. I answered with my usual "If you have sweets I'm having beer" that normally makes sure she says ok forget it. But last night she said "It's up to you."

So having bought the bits'n'pieces and her nibblies I also bought 3 bottles of Ale which I quaffed in front of the TV. I'm very disappointed and now totally regret it. It's the first time since I started this that I've fell off the wagon and been stupid. Is my will that weak?

It might seem a small thing to some, but it's a big thing to me. Don't be all nice about it to me either, I want to beat myself up over this. Comments like, "You've let us all down" and "What kind of example is that?" would be much more appropriate.

Onto other less disappointing stuff.

I'm seeing Emma the club physio about my achillies injury tomorrow afternoon and the Giant is going in to Northfield Cycles for its first month service. The only fault I can identify is that the front brake rubs the rim when I'm up out of the saddle going up a hill which is a tad irritating.

15 comments:

  1. "You've let us all down" and "What kind of example is that?"

    Just to make you feel better, I fell of the wagon yesterday to....

    I snacked mid afternoon....pack of Marmite cashews, a penguin bar and a pack of Snack a Jacks disappeared......When I got back fro the cycle ride 2 pints of Cider BIG plate of Spag Bol half a Garlic bread and a chocolate thinhumny for pud.....I am now in pay back mode for the extra cals :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think 3 bottles of Ale counts as falling off the wagon. So long as things are moving in the right direction I really can't see the harm in the odd indulgance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to diet too; but I'm going to do it without giving up cake, biscuits and bacon sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red is right mate u av to av the odd indulgence there nothing wrong wiv that Clive

    Unless ofcourse it involves a Goose then that is a different story

    Jokes asides we all av our moments I av no doubt u will bounce back from this mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've let us all down Clive. What kind of example is that?

    Seriously though, put it in perspective. Three beers is not a reversal of furtune, it's just 3 beers. Pick yer chin up, get out and do a little work and let the physioterrorist her work. You'll be back on track if you want to be in no time.

    3 beers was a treat. Don't make it a habit and you're ok matey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you!! You've let us all down!

    Seriously, it's not like you've just started Clive. You've been doing well for the last 20 months or so. Call this one a little treat to help with the injury and try not to do it again.

    Next time you want something you shouldn't be having, think of us telling you off and hopefully you won't buy it.

    As it happens, my colleagues keep offering me cakes etc even though I've told them I'm on a diet and won't be eating crap. They still offer it to me none the less and I keep refusing. Sometimes it's so tempting but somehow I know I mustn't as the bike rides won't get easier if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FFS! WTF?

    Give us a break you soft midland nancy boy.

    I fall off the wagon every Friday and Saturday - who gives a shit?

    You are healthier.
    You are lighter.

    Three bottles of ale ain't gonna do nowt.

    I repeat again:
    Give us a break you soft midland nancy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, your a soft midland nancy boy.

    Don't know whether I mentioned that or not.

    And no - your not having a capital m

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nancy boy who has got a thing about Goose so the story goes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all, I feel so much better. I was unavailable most of today to reply individually to your thoughful and caring comments, obviously all thought deeply about before putting finger to keyboard.

    I love you all, clearly not in a Nancy Boy or Goose related way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL.
    I hope you get the point Mr Chapman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's what I love about this Community of ours, you can't have a bloody sulk in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clive

    I've lost all respect for you...... Are you kidding we are all human and nobody is perfect don't beat yourself up, whilst we've not met I get the feeling that you are too strong to go back to how you were. Chin up don't make a habbit of it and most importantly dont loose site of what you've acheived (Don't ever Stop).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look, there two things you need to think about, if we only drank and ate what was good for us and only in the quantity our bodies needed then there would be no need for us to go on diets in the first place, life would be boring.

    Secondly did you enjoy those 3 bottles of ale, did you take the first swig of ale and then start to relax, sink further in to your chair and feel comfortable??? the answer is yes of course you did, there only a problem when you have three bottles of ale and you don't enjoy it.

    It was not wrong it was just not recommended, now get back to sucking that celery stick and drinking your nettle tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Phew thats a relief Clive

    I can sleep easy knowing it it will be safe for me to walk my Goose in my Leather shorts Leather Hat and little false Black Moustache in ure kneck of the woods in complete safety

    Clive glad u got ure Mojo back mate

    ReplyDelete