Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 16 March 2010

A quick pedal in...

On the Giant today, but I was suffering from my usual Tuesday Blues so I wimped and went the quick City Centre route, the thought of 20 miles early doors was a non starter. So 12 miles it was. This is, in its own way progress of sorts. Usually with Tuesday Blues I would have reached for my car keys, but that thought never even entered my head.

The pedal itself was very quick (for me) 38 minutes in. But I had an annoying SPD malfunction at the start in that I couldn't clip in with both feet. I finally managed to get my left foot in then finally the right foot. 10 minutes of pedalling without being clipped in. I'm wondering if my off roading last week in Shimano SPDs then road biking in Wellgo SPDs (that are meant to be compatible) has anything to do with it? Or maybe I'm just talking bollocks and I hadn't woken up properly to co-ordinate my feet!

Thanks for nice comments re my food Blog on Bike Radar. I posted this in the comments section:

"It's an interesting one isn't it? People addicted to drugs, booze even fags have all sorts of support, obese people don't. The wounds are just as self inflicted and the health implications just as real. Maybe it's that fat people have comedy value visually and their (our) poor behaviour and lifestyle choices are there for all to see and ridicule. The other addictions aren't necessarily as visible.

Just a thought..."

1 comment:

  1. Clive I think u av hit the nail on the head if u av an addiction that can b seen ure shunned and ridiculed " fat jokes " it is assumed if ure fat ure jolly and ok 2 b the butt of jokes jolly doesnt equate 2 size well not in my book

    ReplyDelete