Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Thursday 11 February 2010

What else can possibly happen?

So I don't have to go to Bracknell! Phew...

I fixed the bike last night, flat front repaired, and the gears things was a stick in the derailleur which cacked the indexing. Both sorted in record time thankfully.

Which meant I could pedal in today! Bonus!

The whole pedal went pretty well, through the City Centre because we had a bit of snow last night and I didn't want to risk the cut being icy. As you know I pedal in at stupid O'Clock which means minimal tin boxes trying to kill me. I got to work, got off the bike and the saddle got off with me, both rails snapped! I mean, come on! I've lost 3 and a bit stones, how tough does a saddle have to be? It now means I've had to get one of my engineers to give me and my bike a lift home when he comes in at 0800hrs.

What next?

6 comments:

  1. Don't even look at anything fragile today, your a one man demolition man!!

    Hope things get better as the day goes on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I chuckled when you said, "the saddle got off with me", it must surely be a defective model. I'd take it back, or write to the manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately it's just wear and tear, I've been using it since about 1995. The good people at Brooks Saddles will fit new rails for £30 while I wait. They're just round the corner from my works.

    A new saddle is about a £100!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I snapped my seatpost last week.

    I sat back down and promptly vanished straight off the back of the bike. I found myself sat on the floor, still ontop of the saddle, wondering what the heck had just happened.

    SJS had the Brook B17 in for £35 not so long ago. A very heavy old fashioned saddle, but extremely comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always use Brooks Saddles Red, the only ones I've ever got on with. I'll get mine back tomorrow, I've just dropped it off at Brooks round the corner from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bad luck on the seat failing clive...just found one of my HID lights hope batterys is dead,worked it out by having two and its £85 for replacement..oh well cycling still better for you body and soul than driving short distances..cool you live near brooks factory...got a few oldie brooks..lovely

    ReplyDelete