Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Wednesday 10 February 2010

Just playthings for the Gods are we!

I had a great pedal home last night, I took the long way down the cut, off at Kings Norton and did NCR5 back home for 16 miles. I was feeling good, the sun was out and everything was right with the world.

This morning I was up at the crack of Sparrow fart as usual (0515hrs) and did my usual ablute, got all kitted up and rolled my bike out of the garage...Or tried to. A flat front tyre! Just as I was about to get round to fixing it I noticed that my drivetrain and gears were all clunky and not rotating correctly. How can a bike be working perfectly when you put it away and be all buggered when you come to it the next day? I hadn't got the time to muck about, especially in the dark so Bike away, root around for everyday clobber to wear (tricky as I couldn't turn any lights on to avoid waking the family) then into the car and arrive here at work.

To top it all off it looks like the Spawn of Satan (my 2 year old son Dan) is coming down with a nasty cold. This is bad for 2 obvious reasons. He's even more Diablic when he's ill and he'll probably give it to everyone else, including me with all of the implications for pedalling!

Tonight will be fixing (hopefully) my bike and tomorrow is a work meeting in Bracknell, so no pedal then either.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

5 comments:

  1. My bikes seem to suffer from the same infliction. Mystery puntures, bits mysteriously breaking.

    This is why i've moved onto single speed. The bikes still break; but now there's less to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the "breaking when they're unattended" thing that does my head in. How does that work then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its them damm fairys I tell yer, them fairys.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just gone through a bad time, caused by flats, they are no joke to a non-mechanic such as myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody gremlins tinkering with your gear, bastards.

    As you drive on your way to Bracknell, when driving through the beautiful South Oxfordshire country side, you will see a dam great Power station, give us a little wave for I shall be toiling away inside!

    ReplyDelete