Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 9 February 2010

A tail wind?

Was it the rest or was it a tail wind? I absolutely flew home last night, I went the along the cut and did the whole journey in 51 minutes, considering that it is normally an hour or slightly less then that was remarkable. I really did feel pretty strong and seemed to be pedalling in every part of the journey in a higher gear. I did catch every traffic light on green for the first time ever though. Maybe it is a combination of everything.

That leads to a question, why should I be making a big deal about time? I'm not cycle training per se, although I love cycling, I'm cycling to lose weight. I have no intention of doing cycle training for competitions. I don't do races, never have never will. I have my Rugby to stir my competitive juices. So why the obsession with time?

This morning was a bit of a slow burn (Tuesday), I was up half an hour later than usual, but I was in bed late at 2330hrs due to a Rugby meeting I had to attend in Solihull last night. I am on record at the club as saying I hate meetings, but this one as meetings go wasn't too bad. I only got to the sticking needles in my eyes stage once.

So, out of the house at 0550hrs and chance the cut in the dark, bad move, my front light batteries started to go so I had dim light all the way along which by necessity slowed me up a bit. I arrived at work with absolutely no ill effects and not even sweating. Which is good news for my colleagues.

5 comments:

  1. Aaah - and you've changed your blogger pic too :)

    Well done on time - its a good indication of your fitness if you can beat a previous time without trying!

    My first commute in was 1hr 16 minutes, and I've got it to around 40 minutes with an extra mile and a half.

    Time is always a good indication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've changed my Gravatar thingy too, doesn't seem to be working...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been following ya for a few weeks now bud , and just wanted to say well done and keep doing what you doing.
    You have inspired me to start bloging.
    I have been mtb,ing for about 15 years now and still love it.
    Just coz I have been at it for a while dont go thinking Iam some raceing snake ,I just love geting out and geting mucky.At my own pace.
    As I said keep at it , you know it......

    Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers SZ, glad to be of some small assistance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but race myself over familiar routes but I have it on good authority that using heart rate zone training is great for fat loss. Seems to be working for me :-) Oh yeah, the faster you can get to work the later you have to get up. :D

    ReplyDelete