Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Friday 12 February 2010

Moving in the right direction...

A 2Ib weight loss this week which is nice, and again has shown I musn't get pissed off when nothing happens even when I do high (for me) mileage, I mean a 106 mile week a few weeks ago and not an ounce lost and only 54 miles this week and 2Ibs lost. I'm sure there are experts out there who can explain it. If so, let me know. I do need to know stuff like that.

Reading a few other blogs has also shown that I wasn't alone in getting a bit down. It seems the malady has been Nationwide, maybe it's the Winter, maybe it's the sheer grind of what we're doing but whatever the reason it yet again proves that this is more of a psychological battle than a physical one. It seems most people's Demons have been pretty active lately. I know mine have. But they're back in their box for now anyway. It might also be prudent at this point to thank everyone who has and who do show their support. I describe this fat bikers blogging thing as a community, and it bloody well is. So ta very much you lot!

I'll be sorting commuter out this evening after a swift visit to my local for my Friday pint with the family. We stay as long as the Spawn of Satan is behaving himself and the minute he kicks off we go. It's a personal thing, but I have an aversion to families who stay in a pub/restaraunt with mis-behaving kids. Everyone works hard these days and are entitled to a bit of peace and quiet in their down time so we will not inflict him on others when he's grown his horns. He starts, we go. Simple.

I had a bit of a morale booster yesterday too, one of my old Sub Contractor's popped by to say hello, I hadn't seen him since about August last year, he wandered into my office, his jaw dropped and said "What the f*** has happened to you?!" I told him I'd got aids...

7 comments:

  1. Nice one on being down 2lbs :) I have a little theory regarding the loosing weight in fits and starts but have a bit more thought before I put it into words.
    Are you sure you don't work with me Clive?! The Aids thing is just the kind of comment I would come out with, just brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss. 106 miles on a mountain bike - wow!

    I've been hating riding to work recently. Last night riding home I got attacked by a dog again and fell off on black ice. This was the final straw. I was all set to ditch the bike and buy another car TONIGHT. I even have my cheque book in my bag ready.

    However, this mornings ride in was great. Hard icy off-road trails with the sun light peeping through the trees and the birds singing in the background. The bike just flowed quickly along. I love it. So much so that the cheque book has gone back in the bag for another week or two at least.

    Have faith. Spring will come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear about the weight loss, but I still think you think about it too much, however, you must do what you believe is best. I was always self conscious about my lads kicking off when they were young, out in public places, I agree with you other people deserve their peace and quiet. Too many today are prone to do just that, inflict their children on strangers even to total misbehaviour, in the belief that, " well they are only children !". Crap in my book. On the commute front, the freezing conditions and strong possibility of icy stretches, has kept me in the car for the last couple of days, yet again. Just going to check temperatures for tonight and tomorrow, then I'll decide about going on my commute for my nightshift tonight. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The aids comment was superb. Good luck on the loss. Do you think we're all taking it in turns or summit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did 120 miles in a single day on a mountain bike once. I locked out the fork and had slick tyres. But I still wouldn't recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the weight loss bud....
    Kid's "ca " got ta love um ....
    My daughter is 11 going on 16 and all I ever get latly is " Whatever!!!"

    ReplyDelete