Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Thursday 25 February 2010

Birmingham Royal Ballet...

I hope the title caught your attention! Birmingham Royal Ballet is on the hill going up into Selly Oak and it is where I punctured this morning, I was up late anyway and taking it pretty easy going in. The old legs are are a bit tired. Their drive is very well lit and I took advantage of the illumination to fix the puncture. 10 minutes later I was on my way and doing battle with the puddles on the canal. The first time this week I've gone in to work down the canal. On a plus I noticed some Crocus' popping their heads above the grass on the drive, is Spring on its way?

Yesterday's ride home was again along the cut, very wet and very muddy and strangely for the conditions the towpath was quite busy. Which irritates me a tad. The towpath is mine!

Richard from Northfield Cycles called me yesterday to tell me that my Road Bike was ready for collection. Cool! So I got home, dumped my commuter in the garage and Wifey dropped me off in Northfield opposite the Black Horse Pub. That photo of the Black Horse below is taken from where I sit most nights on my bike at the Northfield lights, maybe a cyclist took it?




Richard had got my bike ready for me and with a few minor adjustments to saddle and bars I was off. I did a 5 mile loop around the Lickeys to test gearing and just to see if I could remember how to ride an anorexic machine like this. There were a few missed changes due to forgetting which was up and which was down, but all in all I'll take it as a win. I have a computer to put on and a Brooks saddle to fit probably on Saturday and then it'll be ready for action. Just wait for the nicer weather though.

12 comments:

  1. Cool...welcome to the REAL bike club :-)

    Will be interested to see how yo rate the difference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now now JB, we're all cyclists! I still consider myself a MTBer... ;-)

    I'll post a photo of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the photo. Talking of tired legs, I haven't done much commuting since before Christmas now, because of my desperate fear of ice, time disappears so quickly. But I did my 40 mile roundtrip yesterday, and my legs are stiff, no shift today, but I'm going to have to keep it up, in order to get back to my normal condition, fat, overweight but at the same time a cool cycling breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 40 miler ain't to be sniffed at, my legs would be stiff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo. Fancy meeting up in Wales on weekend then to join a ride I'm planning? Looking around May time.

    Plan is all cyclists to meet at 6am somewhere in North Wales - do Route 5 as its well looked after for most of it - get back just after lunch - all get ready and all meet up with familes and get plastered and eat plenty.

    Saying that - you could have done it on your MTB :)

    Anybody is welcome to join!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give us dates mate, my weekends in May are rapidly running out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting on a couple of people to get back to me and then I will.

    I go every month, so we can meet up there whenever you like mate failing that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to the pics clive

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably Saturday, could be Sunday les.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Les - I wondered where I'd seen your name before and now I know!!!

    I've just reread your post clive... Crocus? Spring? A lot of my bulbs have started shooting up too. You might just be right.

    Incidentally, I could be down there in two or three weeks for a fair few days - will keep you posted on that too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool mate, looking forward to it...Hic!

    ReplyDelete