Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Friday 26 February 2010

Another Century...

Even though I did a 101 miles this week I have remained static at 18 st 7Ibs, I stayed static the last time I did a century in a week. Maybe I shouldn't go for it again! Not too bothered though, the better weather is coming (so I'm told) and I'll be able to crack on and clock up some real miles.

The pedal home last night was along the cut, very wet and very peaceful, I'll take that. My legs were very tired though, I was quite glad to get home, the last climb up Cock Hill especially took it out of me. I've been out of the saddle getting up there lately, yesterday was a sit down grind.

This afternoon is about getting the Spawn of Satan's trampoline built in the garden without him hiding my tools and bits from the kit. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

  1. At least it has not gone up matey! Now you got the new roadie, the miles will be ticking up and the weight ticking down...thats what Im hoping when I get my roadie any rate :)

    Good luck for this afternoon, just remember, he will only be trying to help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Only trying to help." Ahh, parent speak for "If you don't get the fuck out of the way while I'm trying to build your toy I'll give you a reason to phone Childline!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck clive dont want to worry u tho m8 it dont get any better when they grow up lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ Les.

    Prepare him for the worst - ha ha!

    At least he has a lad - I have a little girl... Its gonna drive me mad when she starts bringing boyfriends home...

    Getting me angry just thinking about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it will, 'cos I can kick 'em out and they'll have to fend for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a 12 year old daughter Joby who is as pretty as a picture and is now getting admiring glances from sctrotes at her school. Scrotes who are like we were at that age...

    ReplyDelete
  7. 100miles on a MTB is seriously impressive. I don't think i'm even getting close to that total.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wouldn't think it was that impressive if you saw the state of me last night mate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Clive and Joby, my daughter is 5 at the moment, but already it is worrying me, her bringing the 1st BF home. Still what Im going to do when that day does come is be sat in the chair polishing a fuck off big knife, and as he enters the room, just give him a nod and say "alright son" then after a bit of a pause add "You break her heart and Ill slice ya, alright??"

    Should get the message across nicely I feel

    :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matt - superb :)

    lucky for me, my daughter already has a boyfriend - Callum Williams - he's four too and they've known each other for years.

    He moved to Anglesey and they kept in touch via Facebook and now he's moved back to Hyde.

    http://www.biking2work.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/CallumLily.jpg

    Anybody else can get their hands off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I put weight on this week, then off, then on. its funny, most weeks I must polish off at least a hundred miles but it doesnt feel as hard as it did when I was commuting each day. Seems now that I ride further distances but on fewer days Im getting fitter faster. hmmmm. Keep it going mate. We'll all be sticks someday soon.

    ReplyDelete