Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Saturday 6 February 2010

Update...

The weight is static again, as I haven't really put in any mileage this week, I'll call that a win.

Joolze has written about our day on Tuesday on her blog and sent me some brilliant photos. She is a great photographer as she makes me look thin(ner)! (Well almost).






And yes I did have a puncture...Doh!

The only mileage I've done is 12 off road miles with Rafe who did a stop off at my house on the way home yesterday.

I hope he won't be offended when I say that I wasn't expecting a young guy who is carrying no discernable pork and who told me he had just completed a MTB instructor's course. To say I was intimidated about the ride would be something of an understatement!

But I needn't have worried, he's a top bloke who followed an old fat git around the 12 mile loop with no complaint or criticism. In retrospect maybe I should have picked a less hilly route as he had been banging over the Peaks for the last few days on his course. The only thing is there ain't no less hilly routes around my place! For info we did the Clent foothills, over the Waseley Hills, then over the Lickey's then the Barnt Green Reservoir loop to finish. As Rafe said, it wasn't on his life list to do, but seeing Birmingham in panorama from the top of the Lickey's can be ticked off!

We had a good chat on the way round (when I had the breath to talk) really about life the universe and everything type stuff. It was very enjoyable and also gave me a bit of a kick up the arse I've been needing lately. So thanks for that mate! Route below.

I'll put up some footage of bits of the ride later, if there's anything worth sticking up here.

Off to 6 Ways today to spend some time shadowing the Warriors during their match day prep as they play London Irish in the LV Cup with the North Mids School of Rugby lads. That's after I've run a coaching session with them. The only downer is I'll miss the ritual slaughter of our Celtic cousins from accross Offa's Dyke at Twickenham. I'll be recording that to enjoy later.







8 comments:

  1. You look far too happy changing that puncture! Cracking pictures though none the less. Rafe is rather good at kicking people up the arse, in a good way, blimey, he has done it to me enough times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos.

    "A young guy carrying no discernable pork" - I just checked your other post of "where I'm broken" and you don't list anything wrong with your eyesight which there clearly is! Am 37 now you know, and still 1.5st heavier than I think I should be (and well over 2st heavier than the government think I should be). Then again, compared to you... ;)

    It was a pleasure meeting you (and the wife and the little 'un). Dan (spawn of satan) was well behaved whilst I was there so no idea why you call him such names!

    Why on earth you'd be intimidated I've no idea. I'm very easy going, usually just pleased to be outside. But if you want an opinion you've got a lot of excellent technique - obviously ridden a MTB lots and well. I was also surprised how well you powered up the hills, quite fit really. I'm just glad I cycled with you now because in a few months time when you're a few stone lighter you'll leave me standing!

    My legs certainly felt those the hills after the previous few days. Now you've let the cat out of the bag as to where I've been I better sort a blog post out...

    Am really glad I made the detour off the M5. Must do it again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for talking me up mate. As for 37 then you must have a picture in your attic!

    I'll certainly look forward to pedalling with you again. Gotta bugger off to Worcester now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Mate luv ure blog look forward to reading the feature in what mountain bike in march keep it up mate I am sure wiv ure determination and spirit u will get to the weight u want to b

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the video.
    Just watching that first climb up made my legs ache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fotos of you are great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why does the video start with you filming Rafes crotch?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's wrong with my crotch?

    ReplyDelete