Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 16 February 2010

A close call...

At my normal time this morning (0500hrs) I woke up. But for some reason I rolled over and went back to sleep. I guess the Tuesday thing had kicked in. The next thing I know it's 0600hrs. Bugger. So I lie there for 10 minutes having an argument with myself about working from home, or phoning in sick as I have got the Spawn of Satan's cold. Well the start of it. A sore throat. But no, I got up finally and pedalled in. And I'm bloody glad I did. The hour later start meant I was pedalling in the dawn and not the dark, I could see down the cut and the dawn chorus was kicking off big style. It was wondorous. I actually got in to work in pretty much normal daylight. That has started my day fantastically, I'm in such a good mood now and it's Tuesday, my Devil Day. Hah! Up yours Tuesday!

The pedal home last night was ok, did it again in under the hour, which seems to me like my "normal" time for the ride home now. The 2 steepish hills at the end of my ride now do not pose any problems and I don't even dread them like I used to.

It looks like I'm on an upward curve at the moment after a few bad weeks. Maybe it's just more daylight.

My latest blog on Bike Radar by the way...

7 comments:

  1. Steady on, you will be enjoying Tuesday's soon ;)

    Nights and mornings are definatly getting longer now, thankfully, spring is on its way proper now, now that is a reason to be cheerfull, parts 1, 2 and 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never enjoy Tuesdays, this morning was pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read ure Bikerader blog mate realy good and interesting jus like ure own blog keep it up m8

    ReplyDelete
  4. 0500hrs is normal? Oh lord!

    At this rate you'll soon be deliberately going on hilly rides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red, 0500hrs - If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for getting off your ass mate!

    I can't belive the weather down here - its lovely. I left Manchester covered in snow!

    ReplyDelete