Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Monday 28 December 2009

A Muvi mishap...

A bit of a mystery with the Muvi that I'll talk about later. Surprisingly after the alcohol excesses of last night I awoke feeling pretty well, far better than I deserved in all fairness. I hope my mukka and his Missus are feeling as well as me!

So I got sorted and did a 12 mile off road pedal around the Lickey's. The Waseley's would have been a nightmare after the frost we had last night. The climb up to Beacon Hill is an absolute ball breaker and I was bollocksed when I finally got up there, absolutely hanging. Anyway, as you can see on the film it ends just after the touristy commentary I attempted. The Muvi stopped recording after only 24 minutes. I have no clue as to why. Any suggestions from the Muvi experts out there?

The rest of the ride was ok, I pedalled across the Lickey's to the visitor's centre and took the down hill bridleway to Barnt Green and then through Barnt Green to the reservoir. It was really perishing cold though, my feet were ice blocks at the end. I was out an hour and a quarter for 12 miles. I plan to go out again on Wednesday. Looking at the tracks I might do a towpath blast on my commuter for that trip. The off roading is very difficult at the moment due to ice and mud.

The Marin was then cleaned and lubed and put to bed. I then got all of the meat off the Turkey and I'm making a huge pot of stock with the carcass. Loads of stock veg went in along with garlic, bay leaves and rosemary. It should make some fantastic soup. Wifey is a homemade soup expert. They're delicious!

Anyway, I hope the video is worth a watch.



Thought I'd leave you with these photos, it was October the 15th 2000. Me and my mate Wilksee  on my last MTB ride in Snowdonia by my folks place. As you can see the path was a tad damp. I was on my Orange P7 too! Great bike. 






Clive



Wilksee

1 comment:

  1. Great vid there, Clive, looked a touch icey in places! Looks a great place to be cycling round too, though next time you are up the Lickey's can we have some shots of the trains going up the hill :) LOL!
    Im hoping to get out tomorrow, though, like you the forecast is not looking good.

    Happy new year to you !

    ReplyDelete