Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Wednesday 30 December 2009

Colder than a cold thing who's sat in an especially cold deep freeze...

Well, how cold am I? A rhetorical question, suffice it to say I'm tad chilly. Today I decided to forgo my usual off road trip as the snow was pretty deep and frozen to boot. So out with my commuter and I went on a round the lanes jaunt.

My route took me over to Wythall, around Weatheroak Hill, back through Wast Hills and returning via the Barnt Green Reservoir route. All in all I was out for 1 hour 23 minutes for 17 miles. Again not too fast but the head wind was biting, the thawing lanes were flooded and there was sheet ice everywhere. Watery Lane at Weatheroak especially living up to its name as I ploughed through it hub deep for about a mile. Nice.

But the main thing is I got out there and did a pedal. It would have been so easy to use any amount of conditions/work/home jobs and other stuff as excuses not to go. But even though I'm sat here shivering before my shower I'm feeling very chuffed with myself. I know from bitter experience that if I miss one pedal, I'll miss two, then before you know it I've stopped...Again. Not this time though.

I didn't use the Muvi as the rain/sleet was pretty nasty and I haven't yet worked out how to use its skin from the sports pack in its cradle. I'll try the usual squaddie cling film trick next time though.

Wifey has just put a nice steaming cup of coffee in front of me so I'll bugger off and have a drink of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment