Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 1 December 2009

Ice breaking...

At least I didn't have to scrape the frost off a windscreen this morning, but by crikey it was a tad chilly! The roads fairly predictably were not gritted, which when you consider the area I live has its own micro climate and suffers with very bad hard frosts might be a little surprising. But hey, let them use our Council tax and Road tax for whatever they want don't you think?

The upshot to the conditions meant I didn't chance the tow path for the first time ever, as MTB slick tyres, a very wet path and ice in close proximity to a canal do not good cycling conditions make. So decision made, carry on along the Bristol Road past Selly Oak through Birmingham City Centre out the other side and up into sunny Smethwick.

I wouldn't fancy that trip in the rush hour though, I think I'll be going back down the cut this afternoon that's for sure.

On a plus point, the enforced lay off I've had recently seemed to have done me some good. I felt very strong last night on the way home. Even to the extent of getting out of the saddle on the climb up Cock Hill and arriving home being able to speak, which is pretty much a first. I think later on today I'll have a look at my log and maybe think about scheduling in some rest time in my plans.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog, Well done......

    Things change faster than you may realise!

    I also started from where you are at now, change of diet, change of outlook and pig headed determination is all that is needed.

    Problem is if you are anything like me you become addicted to the cycling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nice blog" coming from you is high praise John. I'll try to get it better and in some kind of routine as I go. It all seems a bit random at the moment.

    ReplyDelete