Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Sunday 1 August 2010

A good pedal today. Part 2.

Then a surprise, Wilksee needed to check fly the C42 after a bit of work had been done to it and asked me if I wanted to accompany him! Too bloody right! A year ago I wouldn't have been able to, but after my weight loss I was just on the limit for the aircraft, so off we went!


That'd be me taxiing the aircraft then!

Wilksee amazed me by giving me some instruction and letting me taxi the plane to the runway, what a buzz!

He wanted me to do the take off too, but he's probably a bit more practiced so I insisted he got us airbourne!



Up and away!

Then more surprises, "You have control" said wilksee, I flew the whole circuit!



Me flying the C42.



Wilksee in his natural habitat.



Do I look like I know what I'm doing?



All too soon it was time to come down. I let Wilksee handle the getting down part!

I switched on my Cycle app for the hop. Route here:


Started: 1 Aug 2010 09:55:13
Ride Time: 29:31
Stopped Time: 0:00
Distance: 13.56 miles
Average: 27.57 miles/h
Fastest Speed: 49.72 miles/h
Climb: 1909 feet


We had to crack on now, so said our goodbyes to Wilksee and the good folk at Hadair.

A massively enjoyable morning there, if ever you're in the Midlands and fancy a trip, look them up and tell Wilksee I sent you, I might get another freebie!

Me and Ski pedalled back via Churchill and Belbroughton where we stumbled upon this:



A more English scene you couldn't wish for, me and Ski both love our Cricket so we stopped for a drink break to take in a few overs. The game was Belbroughton v Alvechurch  with a couple of very good young Cricketers on show. It's good to see clubs investing in their future.

All to soon it was time to tackle the last stage. The hills. Ski very graciously offered to let me crack on, but that's not how we do things so I waited for him at the top of every climb.

A final downhill to home and we were done. A brilliant morning!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff, great to see the weightloss is working out so you can do things like that!

    Go on, admit you were humming a bit of Van-halen while you were at the controls :)

    Excellent cycling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WoW. Flying an air plane, that rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers guys, it was pretty cool, what with me being a sad plane anorak.

    No humming really Matt, too bust flying and checking Wilksee was awake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really cool mate, I have been up in a small plane like that with my Cousins son, it's great fun.

    You have got of to a Flyer excuse the pun on the August 150

    Well done mate

    ReplyDelete