Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 10 August 2010

A bigger carbon footprint...

I'm in the car today, I have a site visit and a meeting over at HQ.
Plus I'll be in the car on Thursday as I have my biggest ever ride planned for Friday. A 100 miler.


Route here:



I haven't ridden that far since me and my brother did 125 miles to our family's holiday caravan in Tywyn in Gwynedd in the 80's. I'm not going for a time with this route though, just aiming to get round.

I was going to do it on Saturday but that's when Wifey and I will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary so I changed it to Friday. The only slight downer is I'll be up much earlier to get past the traffic around Coventry before the rush hour.

I don't doubt I'll do it and it'll be good practice for a fortnight's time when I'll be re-creating the holiday ride, Wifey and the kids will drive to my folks bungalow in the evening (my folks are away on a cruise celebrating their 50th aniversary) and I will pedal there aiming to arrive late afternoon.

Hmmm, 6 mile park and ride commute a year ago, to 2 100 milers in a fortnight now...Gulp...

8 comments:

  1. Top man absolutely brill Clive can't wait to read ure blog entries after your two centuries. Amazing progress in one year.

    John the Legend Berry probably does that in his lunch hour :-)

    No seriously mate well impressed good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful Clive...you have some busy roads in there....

    I tend to avoid the busy in favour of the quiet, forgoing a bit of speed at the cost of higher gradient...

    Don't forget to take some photies along the way:-)

    Ohhh BTW happy Anniversary for Saturday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about busy mate, which is why I'm setting off at stupid o'clock to beat the morning rush hour around Cov. The roads after the Fosse Way are all lanes until Redditch then more lanes after Redditch. I'll be careful as always. It's actually on Friday the 13th! Lucky I'm not superstitious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you and to Mrs. Chapman!!

    I'm looking forward to your pics, movies and reports from the big rides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo on the big ride - join twitter and update us as your going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll maybe do it via Facebook, I have that on my Iphone. But in all fairness I'll probably just write it up after. I very rarely think of technology while I'm suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care and enjoy it mate - I'll be really impressed even if you don't manage it all as thats a bloody long ride.

    Congrats on the anniversary too. It was ours last Saturday (& I remembered this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the rides.

    Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs.

    I find it difficult to stop and take pictures/tweet etc when riding. I like to just crack on a keep the pace.

    ReplyDelete