Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 3 August 2010

Giant Defy milestone...

When I got in today and did my normal cycle Computer reset stuff I noticed that my road bike has broken a 1000 miles and is now residing on the figure of 1003 miles.

It seems like only yesterday that I had it (February 25th) and had to get used to a road bike all over again and put up with the battering it gave me, but I'm now completely au fait with the spindly beast and have a couple of good days out planned on the thing this month.

The bits'n'pieces that I've done to it since I've had it, Brooks Saddle, new bar tape, cool saddle bag, 23mm tyres and Crud Roadracers all seem to be doing the job and making my road bike life all that bit easier.

Although on the Roadracer front I noticed this at the weekend maintenance session.


The flap at the bottom of the front mudguard seems to be AWOL. I can actually be pretty certain when this happened.

Last week at a junction I had to dodge past some cars at a very slow speed and my foot caught the front wheel when I was turning into the junction. The mudguard was rubbing after that and I gave it a thump to re-seat it. I'll bet the thing fell off then. I'll drop Crud an email today to see if they can send me a replacement.

Today's pedal was the City Centre route, nothing to report much like yesterday's pedal home.

I am feeling pretty strong at the moment and I can certainly feel like I'm improving all the time. Sunday's 35 miler didn't affect my legs one bit when I was expecting to feel it a tad.

Pedal to work:

Started: 3 Aug 2010 05:38:39
Ride Time: 38:46
Stopped Time: 0:00
Distance: 11.71 miles
Average: 16.95 miles/h
Fastest Speed: 35.91 miles/h
Climb: 180 feet
Calories: 618

Yesterday's pedal home:

Started: 2 Aug 2010 15:04:14
Ride Time: 42:25
Stopped Time: 0:00
Distance: 11.92 miles
Average: 14.76 miles/h
Fastest Speed: 34.87 miles/h
Climb: 266 feet
Calories: 860

New Bikeradar Blog here.




4 comments:

  1. Great job mate, it just keeps getting better.
    Ride on.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are like a run away train, my man.....getting stronger and faster every day. It really is exciting to be along for the ride.


    Darryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've now sold most of my biking 'kit' but one of the few biking parts I've kept is my Brooks saddle. Its going to sit in its box waiting for it's new bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't beat them, I hope you've re-proofed it while it's waiting for its new mount?

    ReplyDelete