Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Wednesday 11 August 2010

Another meeting!

Have you ever noticed that when you go to Head Office for a meeting then people you very rarely see or even know what you do suddenly think their job depends entirely on what you do and they need a meeting with you too?

That happened to me yesterday. I have to go to HQ again today, this time for a "chat" (read meeting) with our standards and auditing Manager to go through bureaucratic nonsense.

We all know (if you're involved with it) that ISO's or BS whatevers are not worth the paper they're written on in the real world and they're process placebos for the mentally infirm or easily impressed.

As it happens I always keep my departments documentation and auditable trail bang up to date and accessable to anyone. So this meeting will be another 2 hours of my life I can't get back for no good reason. Hence I'm in the car again! I don't know why (as I told him yesterday) he just can't go onto our network drive which is where I keep all the bumf and go through it with out me. It's all self explanitory...

Anyway, onto bikes.

I gave my Giant a bloody good clean and lube yesterday evening in preparation for the 100 miler on Friday. I also got my clothes ready and I even cleaned my cycling shoes which were showing the evidence of Waseley Hill mud from Saturday.



There she is in all her glory. I also fitted the new Crudracer front tail piece which Crud sent through to me for the price of a stamp. Good service. Very impressed!

I'm now on Twitter too, that Joby is a bloody nag!

You can find me under the catchy title of CliveBees. That's the result of me having to think quickly about a user name when all of the names I normally use had gone. Bees is my Rugby Club just in case you hadn't worked it out!

I don't know how much I'll be using it, but it's there now anyway. I'll also have to work out how to link it to my Blog. Doh! Damn this interweb thingy!

6 comments:

  1. Out of interest Clive, what cleaner and lube do you use?

    You can get Twitter to update your Facebook status so you don't have to do it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have accounts with both but really cant be bothered with either of them. If I was unemployed and a total lazy ass I might spend time on them but as it is I can think of better things.

    Bike looks nice Clive. Must get myself some cheap mudguards for mine as its starting to enter rainy seasons again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaner is white spirit for the oily bits, cleaner for body work is muc off and chain lube is a teflon based thing that I can't remember the name of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeap, my company has gone freak'n meeting nutz.

    Cleaning, adjusting, and lube'n bike just seems to make the ride easier, and the mind ready to ride.
    Good luck on your 100 miler
    Ride ON,
    DAve

    ReplyDelete