Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Wednesday 7 April 2010

Here comes the rain again...

Only it's not falling on my head like a memory. It's falling on my head like bloody rain!

The ride home yesterday was excellent. Jacket off, pedalling in my T shirt.  Only an annoying head wind to ruin my reverie, but at least with a head wind you get a better work out. I did it in 46 minutes and got home with absolutely no ill effects. I sailed past 2 blokes who were riding together one on a MTB and one on a hybrid on the hill up into Northfield as well. "Nice bike mate" said Hybrid man as I pedalled by. I really feel that the hills on my route now are nothing at all. Considering that 6 months ago when I started pedalling the full route that they used to crucify me and cause me quite a bit of anguish the improvement is amazing!

I expected a nice morning this morning but awoke to rain. What a bummer. My bike was cleaned to within an inch of its life last Sunday and now it's all cacked up again.

I rode in the City Centre route and the stats off my Iphone Cyclemeter app are here:

Started: 7 Apr 2010 05:37:19
Ride Time: 42:03
Stopped Time: 0:00
Distance: 11.83 miles
Average: 15.45 miles/hr
Fastest Speed: 41.79 miles/hr
Climb: 443 feet
Calories: 979

I arrived again without any ill effects, this has got me thinking.

It seems I have now reached the end of stage 1 of this process. My weight has plateaud for the last 4 weeks. Ok I've had my achillies injury to contend with, and I've had to negotiate Easter as well but I think I've reached the end of the line with my current regime. The weight isn't shifting as fast but even to me I'm clearly getting fitter.

I've got this week and next week until the end of my rugby coaching season. The weekend of the 17th and 18th is our end of season tour, this time to Torquay. It will get messy and be a bit of speed bump in the old eating and drinking, but as the old saying goes "what goes on tour stays on tour!"

Between now and then I will plan stage 2 of the fat to fit plan. When I've carved it in stone I will obviously share it with you all.

6 comments:

  1. Well Clive it looks like u av mastered the hills which shows how much fitter u av become u must b so pleased with ureself and so u should b

    Look forward to reading stage 2 mate

    Well done matey

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good going there Clive. In the past I've often hit the point where your weight doesn't shift for a while and that's when it has normally put me off and I start comfort eating. If it goes on for much longer you might have to look at things and see if there's anything you need to do differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muscle weights more than fat so your weight might not shift as quickly. You've noticed an improvement in fitness.

    I got pissed off with myself towards the end because I couldn't shift below 12st 4lbs - I gave up trying in the end ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really using how much I weigh as a scale as such. What I mean is I haven't got a target weight. I fully understand that I won't reach my Army/Rugby playing weight of 13 - 14st. Doubtful anyway as I'm now a broken middle aged has been.

    As Jon, Rafe and JB can attest to, I'm still very much a fat bastard so I think the weight will still drop off fairly quickly if I change what I'm doing and maybe up the intensity a bit. Not quite sure how yet, but you'll be the first to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - ok then you fat c**t - I'll shut up!

    ReplyDelete