Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Tuesday 13 July 2010

Chilly...

I pedalled in this morning with my base layer on, that was after I went into the garage, got my bike out and thought this morning isn't very warm! So back in the house and shoved my Helly Hansen on under my T Shirt. I wasn't expecting that this morning.

The pedal in again felt pretty slow, this time I came the direct route. I seem to be having an issue getting back into my rythmn after the week off. I'm not flowing at all and seem to be making hard work of it. I'm sure it'll click, but the bonus benefit is that my sleep pattern seems to have returned after just one day's pedalling. There we go, biking aids sleep!

Stats here:
Started: 13 Jul 2010 05:43:09
Ride Time: 39:27
Stopped Time: 0:00
Distance: 11.63 miles
Average: 15.65 miles/hr
Fastest Speed: 41.44 miles/hr
Climb: 325 feet
Calories: 819

Last night's pedal was along the cut and NCR5, it was wet and bloody windy, but fun all the same.

Stats here:
Started: 12 Jul 2010 15:04:33
Ride Time: 1:05:41
Stopped Time: 0:00
Distance: 16.23 miles
Average: 13.08 miles/hr
Fastest Speed: 29.45 miles/hr
Climb: 472 feet
Calories: 1273

A couple of other items of interest to me. Remember a while a go I said my original Muvi helmet cam had died and that was the reason I needed to get an Ebay clone? Well it had been sat in my drawer at work since then and yesterday I came across it while looking for something else. A spur of the moment thing occurred and I took it up to our electronics guys, sad anoraks to a man who absolutely love new kit and tinkering with stuff. They were very impressed and excited by it (I said they were sad) and within an hour of leaving them alone with it they had got it working again, something about the record switch malfunctioning. So, I'm all proper Muvi'd up again! The Ebay clone can go back on the subs bench.

The last item of interest is that as this is now year 2 of this craziness I'm going to move my weigh ins to the first of every month. I was looking at my weekly weigh in graph and it showed all of the plateaus and slight rises which is what it was meant to do at the time. I transferred the data to a monthly graph and bloody hell, what a difference, it looks like steady progress instead of a weekly war!

I think that as I'm now into the change of lifestyle, a monthly weigh in will suffice and hopefully not show too many morale sapping plateaus!

I'd be interested to hear your opinions on that.

8 comments:

  1. I weigh myself fortnightly as a doctor once said to me the body fluctuates too much to accurately weigh yourself weekly. As the weight will definitely slow down now you've lost so much weight it's probably a good idea to move to monthly weigh-ins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for what its worth think the monthly weigh in is the way to go. Weekly up and downs will only have a negative affect on your psyche.

    Your not flowing ffs

    ave speed 15.65

    top speed 41.44

    I would luv not to be flowing like that it mite feel like that but them stats suggest diff to me but wot do I know

    Hooray for the sad boffins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike. I skipped this week's weight resolved to do it less frequently, though I hadn't yet decided if it should be 2 / month or 1 / month. But this settles it. Once per month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped weighing myself altogether as it drove me mental seeing my weight jump up and down despite all the exercise put it.

    Monthly is a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool fellers! We have a consensus, once a month it will definately be then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Id agree with once a month now although it wouldnt hurt to do the occasional twice a month just in case you feel youre not exercising enough or eating/drinking too much on occasion.

    Thats a scary top speed you had there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clive, looks like you've already reached your decision but I was going to say you should go with once per month as well.

    Chilly day over here today as well and I'm really wanting that hot sun to come back tomorrow.

    Have a great day, my friend.



    Darryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. 41 mph, that is sailing. Keep up the good work on your goals.

    ReplyDelete