Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Monday 4 January 2010

Where's the bloody Gulf Stream when you need it?

For the first time I had to walk the bike to get out of my Crescent this morning, the road was totally unrideable. The main roads were ok though, so I got in ok, a busy week work wise as always in the first week of the month, stats, MI and invoices to produce. Oh the ecstasy!

I'll definately risk the cut tonight on the way home, the thought of battling with rush hour traffic through Birmingham City Centre is a non-starter.

I was quite surprised at how easy the first morning back was morale wise, I didn't struggle to get out of bed and I wasn't thinking of my usual excuses not to pedal (even though I ignore them), is this the first day back at work novelty value or has a corner been turned psychologically?

I'll fit the Muvi on my lid on the way home and see what kind of footage I get from the cut and the Northfield High Street assassination squads.

3 comments:

  1. I loved my commute into work this morning. My new ice tyres (which are already falling to bits) give me seemingly impossible levels of grip on the icy paths / roads.

    Unfortunately my poor ears are still defrosting and very painfull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wooly hat under my lid is my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you both for getting on your bike!

    Can't see a non icy road up here :)

    ReplyDelete