Progress so far...

June 30th 2009 - 22 stone 4Ibs. Current weight - 17 stone 1Ib. Weight loss - 5 stone 3Ibs. Commuting miles - 3389.
Non commuting miles - 359. Mileage this week - 101 miles. Total mileage - 3748 miles.


Monday 30 November 2009

Tell me why I don't like Mondays?

Good morning Gentle readers, back to commuting this morning after too long a lay off with a bad back and hip. They're still giving me gip, but I suppose that's what you get for playing too much rugby and doing all the Army stuff I did. I may bore you all with those stories somewhere down the line. Or not.

Up at 0530hrs, my morning routine is pretty much down pat, into the bog for the ablute, downstairs (quietly so not to wake my spawn of Satan 2 year old son) to get dressed in my bike kit which is all laid out ready and into the garage to get my commuter. Lights on and away.

The weather was pretty wet and more to the point very windy, so I was immediately up against the cosh, but the ride in only has 3 up hills to speak of so best not moan too much. The Bristol Road as usual at that time no problem, with the added advantage of a cycle lane so happy days.

Then onto the cut at Selly Oak and I had quite possibly the wettest ride in ever without it actually raining, the tow path was one 6 mile long puddle about 3 inches deep. A bloody nightmare. I did tinker with the idea of coming off it at the university and pedalling through Harborne, but you know how it goes, it'll be dry after the next bend, only it wasn't, it was wet all the way to Smethwick.

But I did it, not a great time due to the head wind, but a good work out none the less. What's the betting I'll be into a head wind tonight? If anyone can tell me how that works I'll be eternally grateful. Head wind there and back...weird...

So what's on today? The end of the month is pretty quiet but it all kicks off again tomorrow when all of the customer's stats and MI has to be produced, invoices sent out and meetings arranged, so I might take this opportunity to get some serious Blogging done!

I'm still trying to work out how to tell my story to this point, you know, the how and the why. It's proving more of a challenge than I thought.

Anyway, mileage so far, since July the 1st, 988 miles (Commuting only). Weight lost 2 stone 12 pounds.

I started with a "Park and Ride" every other day which worked out to be a 12 mile round trip, then built it up after a period to a "Park and ride" every day.

Then I went to the whole ride every other day a 24 mile round trip, now it's every day.

I did have a couple of set backs looking at my weight loss chart, 6 weeks in was the dreaded swine flu, then 16 weeks in a very bad cold, both resulted in weight gains, which proves I need to pedal all the while. But the trend is ever downwards.

Just a very quick mention of food to finish. I'll have 3 shredded wheat around 1100hrs, drinking plenty of water the rest of the day. When I'm home I'll have one of Wifey's lovely cooked dinners, you know, meat and two veg kind of thing. Friday night is pub and take out night. Life is for living after all.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered this formula whilst cycling one day:

    ((A+(B-C / N, E, S & W *45))/12) = Headwind No Matter Which Way You Face

    ReplyDelete